Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Uniquely Singapore!!!

So,here I am,in Singapore............uniquely Singapore.
It has about 15 days...and boy....I absolutely adore this place.Be it the roads,markets,people..........anything and everything here is lovely(apart from the food courts,which smell BAD.....esp for veggies like me!!!).
So this blog is dedicated all my activities in the land of the merlion.Be it the visit to various malls,travelling in the MRT(metro rail)...or my daily jog.

I landed at this place on the 2nd of June..........for my second trip here.
What is strikingly different here(compared to India) is the discipline and honesty which the people here posses.These qualities though sound simple.....but believe me....are extremely difficult to execute.And as a result life here is comfortable and extremely organised.Basic amenities aren't something you would have to long for.The public transport system is also makes travelling an enjoyable experience.

Oh ya.....I have to come to this before I forget.
I had the opportunity of visiting one of the libraries governed by the Singapore govt.
It was love at first sight for me.To see a public library have such a vast collection of books and disks was somethin I didn't expect.In addition you also have computers for usage and coffee joints which make the library a great place to be in.The return and issue of books is also extremely convenient.Above all,the membership is dirt cheap(for permanant residents and citizen).Oh man,I wish we had such libraries in India..!!!

Visit to malls is something which is a never ending task.There are so many malls all around and all of them sprawling several acres........and most of them being almost the same(my point of view,for those who love shopping-its heaven)!!!

and ya.......I have starting jogging vigorously these days in the morning.The track is awesome and seeing so many people,of all age groups,trying their best to be fit.....inspired me a great deal.

Well I can go on and on........but,all good things have to come to an end ;).
I'll be here for another 8-10 days,let's see how much more can I learn about this place.
Simply LOVE Singapore.
bye for now
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment